Originally opened in 1921, the Grade II listed Whiteladies Picture House has seen many changes during its ninety-year history.

Functioning as a cinema and ballroom for almost eighty years, the doors of number 44 were closed to the public in 2001 and remained so for a number of years, before the basement and ground floor were both transformed into an extension of number 46’s Cowshed Restaurant in 2013.

Sympathetically restored from a state of disrepair, the large windows and high ceilings help to create a light, open and airy space, whilst acting as a serene antidote to the hustle and bustle of Whiteladies Road